How Simmering Builds Sexual Desire In Long-Term Relationships
The concept of simmering, as introduced by Stephen Snyder in his book “Love Worth Making: How to Have Ridiculously Great Sex in a Long-Lasting Relationship,” is a process that entails gradually building up sexual desire and tension over time instead of seeking immediate gratification.
This approach is often regarded as critical to establishing a deeply satisfying sexual connection in a long-term relationship. Couples with fulfilling sex lives emphasize the importance of simmering. Their emphasis is on the need to take their time to create sexual energy and anticipation rather than relying on spontaneous moments of passion. By simmering, these couples maintain a consistent level of sexual tension and desire that is essential for a long-term relationship.
Some examples that you can incorporate into your relationship:
1. Flirting with your partner throughout the day, via text, email, or in person, to keep sexual desire simmering just below the surface.
2. Engaging in non-sexual touches, like hugging, cuddling, or holding hands. This fosters a sense of intimacy and builds anticipation for sexual touch later.
3. Making eye contact with a partner can be a powerful way to build tension and anticipation. This can happen during meaningful conversations or looking at your partner across a crowded room.
4. Partners who are simmering might engage in playful banter and teasing with each other. This can help build intimacy and create a sense of playful connection.
5. Simmering can involve partners sharing interests and hobbies that they both enjoy. This can help them feel closer to each other and build a sense of connection.
6. Having deep, meaningful conversations that help them understand each other on a deeper level. This can create a sense of emotional intimacy that is essential for a strong relationship.
7. Simmering can involve surprise gestures that show your partner that you’re thinking about them and desire them. This might involve leaving sexy notes or gifts or initiating intimacy at unexpected times.
8. Cultivating a culture of appreciation in your relationship. Taking the time to compliment and appreciate each other’s physical appearance, even after years of being together.
Simmering is an integral part of creating a satisfying and fulfilling sexual relationship in a long-lasting relationship. By taking the time to build sexual tension and anticipation, couples can create deeper intimacy, more fulfilling sex, and a stronger emotional connection.
So, slow down, take your time, and enjoy the journey of building sexual tension with your partner.
I wish you all the best.